Confirmation has been postponed until further notice.
Upon entering the preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation, after completing the Grade 7 curriculum in the classroom, youth are expected to have completed the following:
- Reception of the Sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist.
- Faith Formation through seventh grade.
- To be a registered member of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel.
- If a parent from another parish is registering their child for Confirmation here at OLMC, (due to a scheduling conflict or other serious reason), a letter from the Director of Faith Formation of the other parish is to be sent, stating that the student has been in the Faith Formation program at that parish, in good standing. This letter must be presented to our office before registering for Confirmation classes here.
Youth entering the Confirmation Program will be expected to:
- Attend an orientation meeting with the parent.
- Attend weekly Mass.
- Attend ALL scheduled preparation programs, including retreats.
- Participate in a class service project.
The Pastor will determine whether the student is sufficiently prepared and has the right intention for the celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation based on information given from the Catechist and the Faith Formation staff.